Thursday, December 17, 2009

Why I believe I wont write a book!

Have you heard, "the medium is message?" The media of "the book" will in the end always defeat any true beauty;- the meaning will erode as time goes by as the beauty captured becomes less apparent to the peoples of the future. Because beauty is a process, it is impossible to distill it, and when one does, it becomes inanimate and will lose appeal as the the process of beauty continues and leaves the distilled and old image of beauty behind (old in a pejorative sense, ie a form that embodies the concept of the degeneration of beauty, therefore it means less and less to us, because its becoming less and less beautiful).

Books offer new technological perspectives, my perspective transcends technology, and offers us insight into why we go looking for technology in the first place.
People have difficulty reading my work because the substance of what i say is beyond words, it only has personal meaning, in that it beckons for a greater consciousness to emerge within the self.. God never commanded us to "know thyself", because thats the deeper drive we all already possess, this is the shard of god that is inside us all (or as the Christians put it, the holy spirit- we just need to be conscious of it), if you need to hear it spoken in technological terms, my book would be called: The process that is beautiful. But if we TRY record this in a book and not into our very consciousness, we have defeated the very point of our own lives and the book will slowly lose all its meaning. I think Christianity lost itself when it stopped being a fluid thing in the minds of people, and was translated (although honestly) into a dogmatic instrument that was imposed on people before people could relate to it, thats how it became ugly. Technology can't understand the soul, only the soul's asthetic can do that. I'm too different for a book and maybe I see more of the way of the future;- look at the nature of a blog, it evolves! therefore I believe its a more beautiful tool;- it allows for feedback and then follow up, therefore is a better aid for real education. True teaching is not instruction, its real growth (of the aesthetic sensibility, or the sum of perception), better still would be entertainment that embodies my message perhaps, or rather a message that appeals to the all the elements that make up our sense of aesthetic (eg. every ness-word in the most pleasing degree (that is, pleasing to the aesthetic sense itself).

Yes I know that makes it axiomatic. Did you think the ultimate truth could accord to anything other than what its made up of, luckily my sense of truth is made up of a bit of everything...

I might not be right, maybe there are better arguments for a book, but it is often said "If you want to make people take you seriously, you need a book"... the point is, I don't want to make people do anything they don't already want to do! I just believe when they reject my new idea's, its because they are repressing a part of themselves, but if they experience enough, if they get to taste enough of what I say, there is hope they will come around;- consciousness is always refining itself, and it will reject perceived constraints, so its important my ideas do not come across as a constraint, people must understand the dynamic involved is a divine one, this is what leads me to invoke faith.

Technology can never contain the soul, thats the real truth we can learn from books, which is instantiated in the history of Christianity with that dead thing called the bible that means nothing more to us now than loose symbols.

I would like to thank a friend of mine for inspiring me to write this piece in response to his concerns, because it has allowed me to tease more of my insight out... I need communication such as I had with him in order to make my own thoughts clearer (well they are pretty clear to me, but it helps me make it clearer to others...)!

Please engage with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment